REPOST: Request for Expression of Interest in the Procurement of Consulting Services for the Design and Execution of an Orientation-Workshop on the Delineation of the Role of the Board and Management
Posted : May 11, 2017 | Type : Consultancy | Status: request-for-quotation
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Request for Expression of Interest in the Procurement of Consulting Services
for the Design and Execution of an Orientation-Workshop on the
Delineation of the Role of the Board and Management
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) intends to procure and engage the services of a reputable corporate governance training provider for the design and execution of an orientation/workshop on the delineation of the role of the Board and management in order to prevent duplication of functions.
- Pursuant to the BCDA Manual of Corporate Governance, it is the policy of BCDA to actively promote and pursue corporate governance reforms and to consciously observe the principles of accountability and transparency with the utmost degree of professionalism and effectiveness. In professionalizing the government bureaucracy, there is a need to distinguish responsibilities between the BCDA Board of Directors as the policy-making body of BCDA in accordance with Sec. 10 of Republic Act No. 7227, and the executive/managerial functional group as defined by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) in Resolution No. 1100472. A clear-cut appreciation of this distinction will enhance accountability across the organization, which will lead to achieving a more effective and efficient governance.
- The engagement shall cover the following services:
- Design and execution of a one-day orientation/training/workshop to be conducted for a maximum of 30 participants consisting of members of the BCDA Board of Directors and BCDA management, most of whom are heads of departments/units.
- Logistical requirements including properly bound training kits and materials and certificates of attendance (excluding venue and meals and snacks).
- The Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) for the project is ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THOUSAND PESOS (Php120,000.00), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees. Financial proposals received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected.
- The orientation/workshop shall be undertaken within the month of June 2017, subject to change at the discretion of BCDA.
- The proponent must be a reputable corporate governance training provider with the following minimum qualifications:
- With at least five (5) years of relevant experience in conducting training on corporate governance.
- Must have conducted at least three (3) corporate governance training for government-owned and -controlled corporations.
- The resource person/s who will conduct the orientation/workshop must specialize in a relevant field, and must have the necessary professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Must be duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) for sole proprietorship.
- Must be duly registered with PhilGEPS.
- The proponent is required to submit to BCDA the following:
- PhilGEPS registration;
- SEC or DTI registration;
- Mayor’s/Business Permit;
- Income/Business Tax Return;
- Omnibus Sworn Statement;
- Company Profile;
- List of corporate governance training conducted and/or clients (with contact person and contact number) and corresponding training conducted;
- Curriculum Vitae of Resource Person/s to be assigned;
- Training Design and Methodology; and
- Financial Proposal.
- BCDA shall draw up a list of proponents from those which have submitted their Expressions of Interest with all the above requirements in accordance with the provisions of the revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184 (R.A. 9184).
- The criteria and rating system for the selection of the training provider are as follows:
- Only the proponents which meet the minimum score of 50% shall be short listed and ranked in descending order based on the numerical ratings. The proponent with the highest rating shall be declared as the proponent with the Highest Rated Offer, to whom the contract shall be awarded.
- BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal, and to annul the selection process and reject all proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected consultants.
- BCDA invites interested reputable corporate governance training provider to submit their proposals together with the required supporting documents in a sealed envelope by hand or through mail to the address below on or before 19 May 2017, 5:00 p.m.
The Manager, Organization Development and Management Department
Bases Conversion and Development Authority
BCDA Corporate Center, 2F Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue
Bonifacio Global City, Tagug City
Fax No. 816-1029
For further information, you may contact Michael A. Vivas at telephone number 575-1797 or through e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
PATRICK ROEHL C. FRANCISCO
Department Manager III
Organization Development and Management Department